Guthrie County Deputy Sheriff Shane Jones reported a two-vehicle accident occurring on Jan. 11 at 3:51 p.m. at North Fourth and Grand streets in Guthrie Center. Benjamin Alfred Henry, 57, of Guthrie Center was driving a 1996 Chevrolet K1500 pickup southbound on North Fourth Street when he collided with Kaleb Randall Kintz, 18, of Guthrie Center, who was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. Kintz was traveling westbound on Grand Street and failed to yield in the intersection. The roadway was partially to completely covered in snow and ice, making stopping difficult if proper precautions were not taken. Kintz was issued a citation for failure to yield. Damage to the Chevrolet pickup is estimated at $5,000. Damage to the Chevrolet Trailblazer is estimated at $10,000.
- ACGC plays in class 1A-7 semifinal tonight against Lynnville-Sully
- Chargers fall in semi-finals to Panthers, 65-37
- Panorama advance to regional championship beating ACGC, 65-37
- Slaybaugh finishes third, Jacobe sixth at state wrestling tournament
- Guthrie County Supervisors ask for more information on departmental overtime