Special to the Times Vedette
More than 7,900 undergraduate students at the University of Iowa were named to the dean’s list for the 2023 fall semester. Dean’s list status was earned by 1,810 first year undergraduates during the 2023 fall semester at Iowa, 1,773 second year students, 1,940 third year students, and 2,458 fourth year students.
Guidelines for inclusion on the list are:
Degree seeking undergraduate students in the Carver College of Medicine, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the College of Education, the College of Engineering, the College of Public Health, the Tippie College of Business, and University College who achieve a grade-point average (GPA) of 3.50 or higher on 12 semester hours or more of UI graded coursework during a given semester or summer session and who have no semester hours of “I” (incomplete) or “O” (no grade reported) during the same semester are recognized by inclusion on the dean’s list for that semester.
Undergraduate students in the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine may qualify for the dean’s list with fewer than 12 semester hours of graded credit, if deemed appropriate by the college.
College of Nursing students participating in clinical courses who have a total of 12 semester hours of earned credit, with eight semester hours of graded credit with a GPA of 3.50 or higher.
Courses graded with a pass/nonpass system are not included in grade-point average calculations or graded semester hour totals, potentially impacting eligibility for the dean’s list.
- Alyson Bauch of Stuart; College of Nursing; Nursing; undergraduate – third year
- Kaila Findley of Stuart; College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Biology; undergraduate – fourth year
- Ismael Leyva of Redfield; College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; History; undergraduate – fourth year
- Hope Livermore of Menlo; College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Human Physiology; undergraduate – fourth year
- Simon Loftsgard of Panora; Tippie College of Business; Finance; undergraduate – fourth year